Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Coming Thursday is Tu B’Shvat




Shalom Yeladim:
This coming Thursday is Tu B’Shvat – the Jewish Arbor Day – and tree planting is what I want to talk about. Remember the Carmel Forest fire? Remember I asked for your help? There’s no better day than Tu B’Shvat to help restore and reforest. Please ask your teachers how you and your class can help plant a tree in the Carmel Forest. I would really appreciate it.

I have to pack my suitcase. Tami and I are flying off tonight for a one month’s author tour in the United States. I am going to be buzzing around and talking to kids in schools located in New York, Providence and Miami. Tami asked me to tell you that we’re going to be a little bit tight for time so there won’t be any blog posts (mine or her Jewish holiday customs) until after we return to Israel in mid-February.

Do you want to meet me in person? Write to Tami. She says that we’re flying back to the States in November. Between now and mid February you can write to her at: tamilehmanwilzig@gmail.com Once we’re back in Israel, drop her line at tami@tlwkidsbooks.com
L’Hitraot…Zvuvi

No comments:

Post a Comment