Sunday, June 10, 2012

Looks Like We Have Our Own Turtle Beach

Shalom Girls & Boys:

I just got a tzav to got to Palmachim Beach.
Hey! I'm pretty impressed with the pun I just made.
On the one hand, the word tzav in Hebrew means command -- as in the commands an army soldier follows.
On the other hand, a tzav looks like this: 
This is no ordinary tzav. It's a huge sea turtle and the big news this weekend is that the Israel Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center just released a turtle they took care of back into the sea. Want to see?

That's why I got a tzav to see the tzav. Get it???

In all seriousness, it's pretty amazing that we have a rehabilitation center just for sea turtles. I just googled it and found out that they're looking for volunteers. I'm still too young but maybe I can sart practicing with tzavi -- my pet turtle -- even if he does find me annoying! He hates it when I bounce up and down on his shell. I'm just trying to be friendly!

I'm on my way. First to Palmachim Beach, then to tzavi.

Le'hitraot...Zvuvi







Sea turtle photo credit 

No comments:

Post a Comment